Sunday, March 10, 2013

Pop Sugar Must Have Box: March 2013

Pop Sugar's Must Have Box is probably my all time favorite monthly lifestyle box subscription. I've had this subscription for 5 months already and I don't think I've ever been disappointed. This month is no exception.


The Must Have Box includes a fun mix of products. Some months I'll get books (like J.K. Rowling's The Casual Vacancy) or fitness goodies (like a balance ball) or even something for the kitchen (Hello Doughnut Mix!).

This month I received 8 different goodies:

Must Have Fashion:

  • Heather Belle Signature Tassel Necklace
    •  Pop Sugar Says: Tassel necklaces are one of the hottest jewelry trends of the season, so we jumped at the opportunity to offer the latest addition to Heather Belle's Collection. This tassel necklace easily transitions from day to night and can be worn alone or layered with other pieces. In the middle, you can find the Heather Belle octagon, signifying the celebrity-favorite brand worn by stars like Charlize Theron and Lucy Hale.
    • My First Impression: Oh gold..you try and you always fail for me. Gold has never been a friend of mine, I just think it cheapens the look of things. So I'm not really a fan of this, had this been in silver or even rose gold, I might give it a shot, but...gold..no.
  • Hollywood Fashion Secrets Sweater Saver
    • Pop Sugar Says: Preserve the Beauty of your favorite sweaters with this Hollywood Fashion Secrets Sweater Saver. It removes pills from sweaters, coats, and blankets without risk of damaging your items. Throw it in your purse to touch up your look on the go, or make sure your cold-weather clothes are all in order before storing them for the warmer months ahead.
    • My First Impression: I'm a sweater gal. I wear sweaters on the daily, even in summer. So of course I've gone through many a sweater because of piling. But this thing is like a foot stone. I'm not sure I want this near my sweaters. But it does have 3 1/2 stars on Amazon..so I'll consider it, but I'm hesitant.
Must Have Home:

  • The Laundress Specialty Washes (Wool and Cashmere Shampoo)
    • Pop Sugar says: Freshen up your spring cleaning with The Laundress. We have been fans of this luxurious specialty fabric detergent brand for a while, so we're excited to feature one of our favorite washes-Denim Wash, Delicate Wash, or Wool and Cashmere Shampoo-in each box. Gentle yet effective, learn the best ways to wash some of your most beloved items and save money on your dry-cleaning bills as well.
    • My First Impression: This is one of those products that I get in the Must Have box that I  would never go out and buy myself. And these are usually the ones that I fall in love with. A fancy detergent for my clothes? I am so there. I have a feeling this is going to make me feel fancy. 'Why yes, I only use the finest of shampoos for all my Wool and Cashmere needs'.
  • Corkatoo Corkscrew
    • Pop Sugar Says: Open wine bottles with ease and flair thanks to this colorful Corkatoo Corkscrew. We immediately fell in love with the adorable design, but there's no worry of style over function here. The double-hinge design makes opening wine bottles effortless and reduces cork breakage. The Beak takes on the bottle cap-opening duty. It's a great conversation starter at parties and can brighten up any girls' night-as if you needed another reason to crack open another bottle.
    • My First Impression: It's a CORKATOO. Need I say more?
Must Have Beauty:

  • BUXOM Sculpted Lash Mascara
    • Pop Sugar says: A girl can never have too many kinds of mascara, so we're excited to share BUXOM Sculpted Lash. The wand has a unique S-shaped brush, which is perfect for achieving thick, voluptuous lashes with a shaped curl. The shape also makes it easy to get both your inner and outermost lashes. Achieve fuller, thicker lashes with this mascara, which lasts all day long.
    • My First Impression: I'm so excited about this, you have no clue. This is one of those mascaras that I've been eyeing but haven't made the jump because of the price. Also, this isn't even a sample this is the full sized product! I've been just using deluxe samples these past few months so it's going to be exciting to finally use a full sized product again. Double thumbs up!
  • The New Black Nail Polish (In Pardon my French)
    • Pop Sugar says: Add a pop of color to your next manicure with these cute sets of The New Black nail polish. We picked an assortment of nail polish duos to include in this month's box. Try them out on their own or experiment with nail art by creating fun designs or unique French Manicure.
    • My First Impression:  Based on some research it appears that these two colors are in Seine Digital Underground kit. That kit has 4 stars on Sephora.com and most reviews sound good. The colors in this sample set are a nude shade and a navy blue. I'm super excited about the nude shade as I've been looking for one and this seems like it may even be like my own personal nude shade, if that makes sense? So definitely hoping these work out.
 Special Extras

  • Marshmallow Peeps
    • Pop Sugar says: It's wouldn't be spring without Peeps! These classic candy chicks are nostalgic, sweet, and always a delight. In case you needed a reason to indulge, they have zero grams of fat. We may be too old for Easter egg hunts, but we'll never outgrow Peeps.
    • My First Impression: Does anyone really like Peeps? I think I like to fool myself into believing I do and then I try eating one and immediately spit it out because they're really gross...I guess I can use them for Easter crafts if anything.
  • Hollywood Fashion Secrets Fashion Tape Assortment Pack
    • Pop Sugar Says: Have a fashion emergency? Hollywood Fashion Secrets Tape assortment to the rescue! Secure a falling hem, hold a blouse in place to avoid a potential wardrobe malfunction, and hit your event in style. Try out a sample of it's most popular, classic fashion tape assortment. You'll be back on the go in no time.
    • My First Impression: I'm excited about these. As a person with a self described 'Duck body' (long torso, short legs) anything that allows me to easily hem my pants is a must. Also, I have so many detachable collars I never end up wearing because I hate how it always goes askew and ends up looking silly. These are the solution!! I'll probably end up buying a full size pack if this ends up working out.
Well that was everything in my box for this month. Some things I'm iffy about but for the most part I'm still really happy. Totally looking forward to next month's goodies!


No comments:

Post a Comment