I decided to create a look using the two shadows I received in this month's Ipsy Glambag. One was a bright Teal color and the other was a sandy taupe color. I went with a cateye because I just happen to like cateyes. And I kept the rest of the face pretty neutral as I wore this to work and didn't want to be too done up.
How I created this look:
- I started off by applying NYX Jumbo eye pencil in Milk on the lid and blended it out with my finger being sure to not go past the crease.
- Using a flat eyeshadow brush I applied Bare from the Stila In the Light Palette to the first half of my lid.
- Using a blending brush I applied Yaby's Sand Dune into the crease.
- Using the opposite side of my flat eyeshadow brush I applied Yaby's So Vein onto the outer half of my eyelid; not going past the crease.
- Then to help blend Bare and So Vein I used Kitten from the Stila In the Light Palette as a transition shade. I applied this using a Shader brush and by lightly wiggling it between the two colors.
- Then I went in with Koji Dollywink Liquid Eyeliner in Deep Black. I started off by making a thin line as close to my lashes as possible and then I flicked it out. From there I created a small triangle from the flick back to the outer corner of my eye and then filled it in. (I think this tutorial best explains how to do that.)
- I lightly defined my lower lash line using Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal eyeliner in 001 Black. Use a light hand with this, a little goes a long way.
- Then I curled my lashes and applied Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara By Tarte.